Land Rover Discovery 2 II CV Front Drive Shaft (1999-2004) (New Upgrade)
The most common complaint about the Land Rover Discovery Series II is front drive shaft failure. The OEM drive shaft fails for a few reasons: the universal joints used to build the shaft are under-sized for the application, the moving components are non-greasable, the drive shaft is located very close to the catalytic converter causing overheating, and the air conditioner compressor drips water directly onto the constant velocity assembly at the transfer case. These design flaws cause premature failure of the front drive shaft in an alarming number of these trucks. ProShaft offers the solution: a new conversion replacement drive shaft that uses 1310-style u-joints with all greasable components. These shafts are a bolt-in replacement for the OEM shaft. Oh, and we almost forgot to mention they're less than half the cost that you'd expect to pay at the dealership. If you'd like us to install the best u-joints on the market, please select either Spicer greaseable or Spicer Life solid body u-joints from the drop menu below the item's price. Don't wait, buy yours today!
- Five grease fittings (at each moving point)
- Heavy-duty 2''x.120'' tubing
- Dynamically balanced for vibration-free operation
- Measures 24" flange face to flange face with the shaft collapsed (please verify length prior to purchase-if you have any questions, feel free to contact us and we'll be glad to help)
- One-year, no questions asked warranty on workmanship
- Uses easy to replace 1310 U-joints for emergency repairs on the trail
Replaces the following parts:
- 1999 Land Rover Discovery II front driveshaft
- 2000 Land Rover Discovery II front driveshaft
- 2001 Land Rover Discovery II front driveshaft
- 2002 Land Rover Discovery II front driveshaft
- 2003 Land Rover Discovery II front driveshaft
- 2004 Land Rover Discovery II front driveshaft
If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message at email@example.com or call (954) 939-4415.